Okay so I whined and thew a fit and I even tried to beg my Aunt Cindy to let me spend Christmas with her. Why you ask, well because this year we tried something a little different. The idea was hatched this fall during the deer hunt when my sister in law just happened to mention how fun Christmas would be at the cabin and my mom's ears perked right up and said I wonder if we can do that. So since this idea was brought to my attention I immediately start to whine (surprise I know) well it's time to eat my words.
We had SO SO SO SO much FUN!!!!! from the snowmobiling into the cabin with sleighs full of our stuff and Christmas presents, to the cutting down of the tree and having Jill read us story and as she did we made decorations for the tree and put them on it and at the end Jill had us all trace our hands on green paper and we cut them out and Jaycee glued them together and that was our Christmas wreath which we taped on the fridge (and is still there) it was one of the neatest Christmas's I have had in a long time there is something about spending it with children and the magic that they bring to it.
Oh the memories that I will take away from this. The kids sledding down the hill and crashing at the bottom to moving the tree out of the middle of the road and seeing my brother almost take a spill over the handle bars of the snowmobile. Jaycee and her penguin sled she would beat the boys in a race every time the girl has skill just sayin!!! I did miss Grandma eating it on her sled but I heard it was one for the record books ;-). All in all we had a great time and I have never seen so much yellow snow in my life!!! oh did I forget to mention that we had shut the water off in the cabin so the pipes would not freeze so out options were the outhouse or to make yellow snow or to melt the snow on the stove and fill the toilet up so we could use it, now I tired the out house when we first got there I had to pee so bad and lets just say I couldn't get my pants done up fast enough at the rate I was gagging my mom on the other hand was laughing at me because i almost lost my lunch! From that time on I used the inside potty!!!
A special thanks to my parents and to Brady and Jill for having the idea and actually sticking to it. (even though I was a boob about it) and to Uncle Rod and Aunt Pam who let us use three brand new snowmobiles for our trip we had a blast on them and without you being so nice I'm not sure we would have been able to do it. And to Grandpa Doug for letting us use the cabin! Thank you we love you!!!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Christmas 2011!
Posted by Michelle at 4:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment