CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Had a blast in Charlotte!

My birthday was awesome!! I had a great time with my dad in North Carolina we got lost a lot and it rained almost the entire time we were there and when we landed in charlotte I got a sinus infection and was sick for the race. But really we had a lot of fun!!

Our day started out real early we had to leave cedar at three am to get to vegas by six to catch our flight it takes three hours to fly from vegas to atlanta and then an hour to charlotte when we landed I knew I was in trouble I could feel the sickness coming on (thats what I get for going on vacation and working with little kids ;0)) we checked into our hotel found a place to eat and a drug store to buy me some meds and some rain gear just in case it rained for the race. We woke up the next morn and ate at ihop I was starving our waitress was so cute she could tell I was sick and brought me a huge stack of napkins and come to find out she was LDS and invited us to go to church on sunday but we were leaving. We decided to leave a little early for the race because we knew we would get lost and guess what we did! It is so easy to get lost out there they have no mountains and what they consider a mountain is the size of leigh hill in cedar! But we eventually made it to the track it is a really nice racetrack my dad started to wonder what I had gotten him into, we parked the car and got out and his first words were quote " oh my hell where did you take me" I just laughed, I knew what to expect. We looked around for a while at all the haulers and walked up to the speed stage where I got the pic of Matt Kenseth. As we got ready to walk through the gate we crossed the road and this golf cart stopped for us I was to busy coughing up my left lung to look who was in it but as we got acrossed I looked back and saw Kenny Wallace a driver in the Nationwide series.

The race was a blast it stopped raining just in time for the race but I was soaked from head to toe (it did not help my cold) My dad had fun I think. He had no idea who won the race but he still enjoyed himself I hope. I had the best time ever and would love to go back someday. Jr finished tenth in the race he was not a happy camper with his car we rented a fan view so I could listen to jr's radio my dad let the girl sitting next to me wear his headset he wanted to hear the cars, she was a nice girl and I met a cute boy sitting behind me I wanted to take him home but he was a little drunk ;0) Anyway back on the ranch the All Star race is a blast I suggest if you ever get the chance to go take it I screamed so loud I lost my voice! Thanks mom and dad for a birthday gift I will never forget and always remember!!

2 comments:

French said...

Looks like your seats were awesome. Glad you had fun. However, I thought your dad stop swearing:)

Lib-Dawg said...

I'm so jealous - not because of the race, but because you got to go to N. Carolina - I love it back there...I'm glad you had fun though....that's to bad you got sick...it could've been change of climate...not that I'm sticking up for the kids you work with....Everytime I travel I end up getting the common cold - no fun! Glad to see you are posting...you're doing as good as Summer!